Develop your Credit Policy and Procedures
Develop your credit policy and procedures:
Credit Managers can use the risk analysis processes to develop sound and visible credit policies as part of the overall business planning cycle. Policies should be developed so that they are used as an everyday tool by credit staff. They provide guidelines for staff to use in their credit roles.
The risk analysis process provides the opportunity to analyse and evaluate the types of risk that may affect credit and to implement management procedures to treat and minimise the risk. These may include legal compliance, credit limits, the types of securities that your organisation may require for certain credit limits as well as customer service and complaints. The risk analysis process will also identify any shortfalls in the quality of the systems within the credit department. This process offers the opportunity for continuous improvement that supports the function of the credit department in both the credit role and for internal and external customer service. It is then up to the credit manager to ensure that the Credit Policy is communicated to all staff and that it remains current and viable in today’s changing environment.
Outcomes are covered within these units:
How to identify business policy and procedure requirements and the risk management context which relates to the policies and procedures
- Research techniques to inform the development of the policies and procedures and the use of these research skills to identify credit risk
- Utilising credit risk analysis methodology, draft policies and procedures which will enable the treatment of the identified credit risk(s)
- How to develop an implementation strategy so that the policies and procedures are effectively communicated to all personnel to ensure the application of the policies and procedures
- Methods for the monitoring and review of the success of the policies and procedures in the treatment of credit risk management
- 26 October 2016
- 562 St Kilda RoadMelbourneVIC
- Parkview Hotel
- 9.00am - 4.30pm
- AICM Member $750.00
- CCE Points